The two key collaborative projects for the Ten Deserts in 2016 are:
- Buffel Grass Free Great Victoria Desert (#BuffelFree GVD) and;
- Organising an On-country Workshop at Ilkurlka in June 2017
The Ten Deserts Initiative will build collaborative relationships across the arid lands of the Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia.
The Ten Deserts Initiative will:
– Organise an annual face-to-face workshop/event to bring desert land managers together to share skills, knowledge and prioritise collaborative projects across the arid lands of NT/SA and WA.
– Create and manage a contact list of desert land management organisations including Ten Deserts Executive Group, Working Group and Partner Organisations.
– Facilitate quarterly phone link up meetings to develop and maintain the strategic direction of the Ten Deserts Initiative
– Identify and support opportunities for cross- border and cross-tenure collaborations across the Ten Deserts and the arid and semi-arid country in between.
– Coordinate regular communications between working group members and partner organisations to increase the collaborative potential of organisations working in Australia’s deserts.