Technical Crew – LA Opera Connects
LA Opera is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that plays a significant role in the cultural life of Southern California. Hundreds of LAO employees and artists help bring to life world-class opera that preserves, promotes, and advances the art form while embodying the diversity, pioneering spirit and artistic sensibility unique to Los Angeles.
Our productions are experienced by more than 100,000 audience members each year at our home at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown Los Angeles. We reach many more through our community and school programs, Off Grand performances in venues across Los Angeles, and On Now digital content.
About the opportunityConnects oversees LA Opera’s community engagement and learning programming and partnerships, and we are seeking individuals to run the technical aspects of Connects productions this season. Our technical crew works closely with our department staff, including the Connects production coordinator and operations team, to set up, run and load out Connects performances and events in various locations throughout the LA County area.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Please note this listing is not for a single role with a specific start date; applicants will be entered into a pool of candidates who will be contacted on a per project basis.
The rate of pay is $22/hour, with overtime paid for hours worked beyond eight in a day, 40 in a week, and otherwise as required by law.
Key responsibilities and requirements include the following:
- Previous technical theater/production experience and/or study required.
- Experience with audio, lighting, and/or carpentry preferred.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. Ability to operate large vehicles (vans, box trucks, etc.) a plus.
- Enthusiasm for working as a member of a team.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and assist with moving technical equipment/sets/props.
- Ability to descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
LA Opera Connects works closely with diverse groups of students, families, and others around the county, and we are seeking individuals who champion and demonstrate our commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging in words and action.
To apply: Please complete a brief job application and upload your resume here.
LA Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any legally protected categories.